Sunday 11 December 2011

Coexistence - Rami Kanzi

Coexistence

I don’t want to co-exist
Not like good guys and bad gays and dry lies and propaganda
put on black faces cab drivers or deli owners in your racist comedies
not bomb your Dunkin’ Donuts with my Keffiyeh
this powered Fox News
or let you still my food and call it Israeli salad
I won’t mess with the Zohan
Or let them turn rocks of Palestinian children into balloon animals
while Israeli soldiers snipe out children’s heads, shoulders, knees and stomachs
Hollywood snipes years of young ones with lovable tales of blue and white heroes
I’m not looking for your approval
Not a token roll or job on my knees scrubbing toilets in Israelis’ congress
I’d rather fight,
with Blacks and Latinos against oppression
than concede to the mainstream plantation
that sees me as other unless I am checking the college application
I don’t believe in tooth ferry or two thousand claims of homes you supposedly deserved
when people resurrected or walked on water all exist
and the world that fights against racism like Martyn & Malcolm
please get hotels and Steven Bico as a song that never dies no matter what apartheid makes of our bodies
feed mouths and Belfast streets and resurrects Bobby Sanders massage
so that we’ll never be hungry again
and weather you know it or now, I’m the best solution you have
one man asking for one vote only to look at the sea and I’ll never drive you into it
...
I’ll never return the favor
I’m not outstretching an olive branch and a rifle
I’m extending reality,
cause being surrounded by so called enemies on you borders is easier than in your towns and election centers
we may not be brothers! but this neighborhood has made us cousins
I don’t want to coexist, i want to exist as a human being
and justice will take care of the rest

Rami Kanzi

transcribed from:

No comments:

Post a Comment